Complaint Form (Typed)
Complaint Form (Handwritten)
The New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct investigates complaints against judges of the NY State Unified Court System. Complaints should be in writing and signed. Complaints do not have to be sworn or notarized. You may make a complaint by filling out and submitting a signed Complaint Form, or by writing and signing a letter which describes the alleged misconduct. Such letters should be as detailed as possible, including such information as the name of the judge, the court, the name of the case, the name of the attorneys, the date or dates on which the misconduct allegedly occurred, a description of the alleged misconduct, etc. Sending your original complaint is sufficient; please do not send multiple copies.
The Commission reviews all complaints and decides whether or not to investigate. Sometimes it is necessary for the Commission’s staff to call the complainant or other participants for clarification of the complaint.
To file a complaint with the Commission you have four options:
- Click here, print the form, complete it by hand and mail it to one of the addresses below.
- Click here, type your complaint in the form, print it and send it to one of the addresses below*
- Click here, first save the form on your computer, complete it, save the completed form, then attach it to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.*
- Write a letter including the information requested above.
* To use this option, you need a “pdf” program such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download from the Adobe website:http://www.adobe.com.
Complaints may be mailed to any of the Commission’s offices:
|61 Broadway, Suite 1200 ♦ New York, NY 10006 ♦ FAX (646) 458-0038
|Corning Tower, Suite 2301 ♦ Empire State Plaza ♦ Albany, NY 12223
FAX (518) 486-1850
|400 Andrews Street, Suite 700 ♦ Rochester, NY 14604 ♦ FAX (585)232-7834
For further information please call (646) 386-4800